Saturday, 2nd March 2013
We went to the Trafford Centre in Manchester at the weekend, the principal reason for going was that Daddy wanted to visit the Northern Model Show which was on at the Event City space next door to the shopping centre.
The biggest draw for Ben, however, was the LegoLand Discovery Centre which sits next to the Trafford Centre. This attraction is a favourite place for Ben as he loves the rides and play areas. It is quite pricey as attractions go, but we have annual passes which cuts down the cost considerably.
The Model Show was great and depressing in equal quantities.
- Many of the displays were so large that the owners didn’t have much chance to engage with people as they were overwhelmed.
- There seemed to be little room between the displays so it was far too crowded, especially if you have small children and a pushchair.
- There was too much cool stuff and Daddy doesn’t have the time to play with that.
- Some people are so talented, and build such ace things.
- It was good to see Hacman (and the Manchester Hackspace) have a stand up and the 3D printer on display.
Daddy managed to meet up with Ian, Claire and Claire’s parents, at the show and we had coffee with them before we all went for lunch. In the afternoon Ben and mummy went into Le-go-Land again while daddy and Elliott took a look around the shops.
There is a new SeaLife Centre opening in spring (well it says Spring, but it is actually June which is pretty much Summer) next door to the LegoLand Centre so it looks as if this will be even more of a draw for our custom in the coming months as that and the Lego Centre is a whole day out for the kids.